Caring Minds intend to provide the following support and activities:
- Peer support and mentoring
- Sign posting
- Provide opportunities to develop life skills (e.g. first aid, healthy eating, budgeting, cooking)
- Care to Plan, Plan to Care – formulating strategies for times of crisis
- Family Advocacy
- Participation in all aspects of the organisation
- Opportunities to be young people - through social, sport and leisure.
- Information about mental illnesses
- Opportunities to talk to someone young people can trust and who understand their needs (as children and as carers), but who also understanding about mental health issues.
- Targeted support - The 2001 census shows that most Young Carers are aged between twelve to fifteen years old.